11.04.2008

We voted today!

  • Alex was at the polling station at 6:40 a.m. He returned at about 8:40 a.m.

  • We decided to go get his free coffee at Starbucks. I got an apple cider. AJ got a hot chocolate. We all shared an apple fritter. (Olivia was at school)

AJ sure enjoyed that apple fritter! He was probably happy to have mommy and daddy all to himself too! I also had to get a picture of his first "Starbucks". It's actually a child's size hot chocolate. I thought it was too cute!!

  • Now it was my turn to go vote. Today was Alex's day off, so he kept AJ at home. Alex suggested that I leave the Trail Blazer and take the Saturn just in case I wasn't done in time to pick up Olivia at 11:00 a.m. Was that ever the understatement of the day!!!

  • I arrived at the polling station at 9:30 a.m.

  • I FINALLY CAST MY VOTE AT 1:57 P.M.

  • Today would have been a good day to start having contractions. That could have expedited things for me.

  • Conclusion: If I can stand in line outside of the mall before the sun comes up in the freezing rain on the day after Thanksgiving for a $5 gift card and a free pretzel... I can certainly vote! (but I'm not making dinner)

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm really and truly LOL-ing. You are hysterical. Sorry about the looooong lines!!

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Hey! Us American women know how to stand in line or two! Thanks for laughing with me.

Erin Neiner said...

WOW, my friend! Way to stick it out! I won't tell you that I had NO line at all and walked right up 9oops, i just did). Not sure that that's a *good* thing though...short lines=less voters. Hmmmm...

LOVE little AJ drinking out of the hot choc. starbucks! Jack is now officially a tea lover? Not sure how that happened. And Drew has progressed onto cafe latte's! :)

SO, were they handing out starbucks coupons at your polls?

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Don't feel bad Erin. Stephanie told me she walked right in and out too. Alex tells me I have bad luck, and I'm starting to believe him =) Those things seem to always happen to me. After voting, you got an "I voted" sticker and you just had to show that off to get your free coffee. After I voted, I said o.k. where's my sticker!! Too bad I was too tired to go get my free coffee =)

Karis said...

So did you end up running by Little Ceasar's on your way home for a $5 pizza? That would've been my plan after all that -- how I have missed that quick, relatively inexpensive option of Little Ceasar's here in Cameroon. Thanks for the laugh.

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Karis! That is so funny you should mention that! I don't know what I would do without those Hot N Ready pizzas!! I didn't get one because I knew I had a Tombstone in the freezer, but that is certainly my go-to when dinner is not getting done that night. I never get frozen pizzas anymore, because the Little Ceasars are so much better and quicker and cost just as much (unless you get a great deal on a Tombstone =)

Unknown said...

Waiting in line is an art! I managed to grade a week's worth of papers while I waited. And Mr. B. got a free flu shot thrown in :) That's what I call full service!

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

That's hilarious! I was joking with the people around me about how I should have brought in a cooler of snacks and drinks to sell... that or bring in about 20 Happy Meals and sell them. The free market is still alive!!! (except for those pesky men in suits patroling the hallway who would have shut me down before I even started =)