11.21.2008

I wasn't planning on doing an all-out nursery for Clara, but one thing led to another and now the child has a nursery.
At first, I was going to keep her in our room until she was big enough to move in with Olivia. We have 4 bedrooms, and one has been reserved for guests. The more I thought about it, the more I wondered why I didn't just go ahead and set up Olivia's old ("the green") room as a temporary nursery.
The goal was to not spend money, and once I realized we HAD all the stuff (with the exception of a changing table) we went ahead and set up a nursery. I'll post pictures of the whole room when the mattress airs out and no longer smells like the garage so I can put sheets on it. Until then, here's a sampling of a no-cost project that turned out pretty cute, and helped personalize the room for Clara.


Fabric Collage

These were cork-boards that hung on ribbons above Olivia's bed. I ditched the ribbons and covered them with FABRIC SWATCHES I had collected in my idea book.





The middle one is going to have a picture tacked on it, and the collage will serve as the "matting"


3 comments:

Erin Neiner said...

LEAH...THESE ARE FANTASTIC!!!!! What a GREAT idea!!! How did you tack them down??? I have a little *craft* I want to do for clara so this gives me a great visual for her colors!!! Can't wait to see your birds for Olivia's room (but no pressure, please).

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Thanks Erin! I just used hot glue. Seriously... I am not a crafty person, meaning all I use/have for materials amounts to a second-graders school supply box. A paintbrush, hot glue, elmers glue, scissors... =) The little birdies are really turning out cute, and I found an easy way of doing them. Hopefully, the bedrest will let up a little by the end of the week, so I can get to spray-painting =)

Debbie Mishoe said...

Love them!!! Great idea!!! Do you want me to bring you over some stuff to work on for my house???