11.24.2008

Bed Rest: Day.... what day are we on now??

This will be short. Today was good. Alex was home ALL DAY. *Pausing to discern exactly what he is attempting to run through the garbage disposal right now* Anyways, whatever. He completely KNOCKED OUT THE LAUNDRY, I took a spell-breaking nap, and AJ showed signs of improvement.

My mom and sisters are coming tomorrow! Yeah!

Bed rest=sitting duck. I can drop cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc. but I cannot escape from Olivia and AJ. Of all the square footage in this house, they want to be in the 4-10 square feet where I am "resting". Olivia will lay next to me and ask me to read the Wal-Mart Holiday book to her. AJ thinks it is so fun to climb and balance himself on my legs and point to the puppy on the painting hanging above the couch. Today I got up and made my way to Clara's room and sat on the Lazy Boy in there. Just. to. get. some. space. It took a little while, but they found me.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is SO true even when your not on bed rest:) My girls have a room FULL of toys and want to be within a foot of me all day! It gets annoying. I guess it means they love you an awful lot! Have fun with your mom and sisters!!

Janelle said...

That is funny and so true too! I guess maybe we should try to enjoy those times as much as we can because there will be one day when either they won't want to be that close or just can't be. The guilt gets to me when I try to shoo my kids away so I can either get something done or do something that I want to do. I know I'll probably regret it later. We live so much in the moment and don't think enough of the future. I'm sure having your Mom and sister there will help take the kids away from you at least for a minute anyway! Hang in there you're almost there!