10.28.2008

A First. . .

Olivia locked me out of the house this morning. It was THE coldest morning so far this month, and I had to slip outside to check and see if Olivia's brown shoes were in the back of the car. When I scurried back to the door, the dead-bolt was locked! AJ was still asleep, Alex was upstairs shaving, Olivia was fiddling with the deadbolt trying to undo what she did, and I was outside in my big red bathrobe hoping that the morning neighborhood commuters wouldn't notice the barefoot pregnant lady in the big red bathrobe knocking on her own front door. My favorite part of the situation was hearing Olivia's little voice from behind the door asking "Mommy, are you o.k. out there?"

9 comments:

N. Conaway said...

Oh my word! She is just tooo funny. How did you finally get back in?

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

She was finally able to flip the deadbolt back. What a goober =)

Janelle said...

I swear Leah, you could so write a book! You have the best stories! I'm sure they aren't funny whatsoever at the time!

Ben and Carissa said...

The barefoot, red robe, and pregnant details really made the story, Leah! I can just imagine! I can relate (minus the barefoot, red robe, and pregnant part). Luke locked me out this summer and I had to go next door to the church and interrupt the pastoral meeting to get Ben's key!! But it would have been so much funnier if I were, well, barefoot, in a big red robe, and pregnant!! You make me laugh!!

Monica said...

hilarious...well, for us who weren't out in our robe :) Good thing you have a good sense of humor!

Rebecca M. said...

At least nobody thought Santa was early =)

Erin Neiner said...

Oh, my friend. That's so great & so strangely classic...for you. :) Maybe Clara will balance things out. :)

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Thanks for laughing with me!!

Unknown said...

I am laughing out loud! This happened to me when the twins were 2 and Ella a baby- I ran to check the laundry(which was in the basement thru an outside dooor) and when I returned I was locked out. The girls just staring at me. I had to climb thru a window!!! in my bathrobe!