10.26.2008

I wish I could have captured AJ's entire toothbrushing routine on video, but this was the last little bit of space left on the camera's memory card. He came up with some pretty interesting toothbrushing maneuvers. Brushing teeth is his only comfort and joy when he is snatched from his beloved bath time.

Yes, we post the good, the bad, and the ugly here at mammamillan! AJ's birthday fell smack dab in the middle of Mission's Conference this year. I planned on making a Lightning McQueen cake for him, had all the stuff that had gradually been purchased week by week using my 40% off coupons at Michaels, but with one look at the clock and one look at the task at hand I decided to switch to plan "common sense"... ye ol' fashioned 8" round with a road and a car! I quickly learned that black frosting is not something you serve or eat 15 minutes before going to church!

Last night, I took the kids to our neighbor's Halloween party. Here are the costumes of the evening. I was a kitty. You know you are 30 weeks and counting when you plan your costume around your favorite brown maternity dress! AJ kept the hat on just to get some candy corn.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh Leah! The cake is adorable! Sometimes common sense is better than no sense whatsoever! I think you chose well! Sounds like you are doing very well, all things considered!

Beth Ann Johns said...

I love Alex serenading in the background . . .that really made me laugh!!

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

I know! That was cracking me up too. He came up with this diddy, and now everybody has their verse... even Lamby and Blue Bear. Olivia came up with mine... it goes something like "This little song is for my mommy. She's a big mommy..." =)

Erin Neiner said...

I love that Alex is never far from the guitar! How wonderful!!! Did he make up those lyrics! :)

HEY...you should make some kind of countdown for the kids. When John had 10 days of work left (before he started working for pixel) we did a hand countdown. I traced Drew's hands and cut them out, just glueing the palm part to another piece of paper. Then numbered each finger 1-10. Each day (though each week for you) Drew got to fold down a finger. It was fun. Just an easy idea. :) I can't believe your getting soooo close! Can't wait to "meet" sweet little Clara.

And I think we need an updated preggy pic in that favorite brown dress of yours. Would have loved to see mamamillan as a cat! ;)

Erin Neiner said...

ooops.

HaPpY bIrThDaY, to sweet little buddy!!!!

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Happy very extremely belated bday to little buddy! We love you, blowing spit and all! :)