9.12.2008

The Polls are Open!

The "Middle Name for Little Clara" poll went up a few days ago, so be sure to cast your vote! We like to consider the meaning behind the name as we sift through all the possibilities. Also, the first name needs to sound good in both Spanish and English. AJ was the exception to that rule as his name is literally pronounced "Ah- Hota" in Spanish. Oops. Anyways, back to Clara which means "Bright, Clear". That is settled, but her middle name is still up in the air. Olivia's middle name is Faith, so we are thinking Joy or Grace to keep with the fruit of the spirit theme. Evangelina means "bearer of good news". The name Clara Evangelina actually flows a little better in Spanish than it does in English, but I really like the meaning. Our desire for all our children is that they live lives worthy of the Gospel; to have a clear, bright testimony that shines such Good News before our world. So there's the rest of the story... gotta go check on my pound cake!

7 comments:

Beth said...

Leah- you look SO SO cute in that pizza box picture below! Can I say from experience that when you have 3 kids this close in age #3 finally comes out that you do think you've been pregnant FOREVER! Wait till you feel like you've been nursing FOREVER! lol! It's like the milk barn never closes! Oh, BTW I voted for the third choice in names. I love it!

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Thanks Beth!! I didn't even think about the nursing part of it all... lol... then again I'm trying not to think too hard about adjusting to 3, 3 and under. oh dear =)

Monica said...

I know you sure can do it! I have 3 under three ;)

I like Clara Noelle as well. I like the Evangelina too

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Monica--Clara Noelle IS pretty! I should put up an "other" category =)And thanks for the encouragement!

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Are those my only 3 choices? Because I really prefer Clara Stephanie the best...funny how neither of your daughter's names suit a namesake for me! LOL!
As I read your post tonight, Canon wanted to know who Clara was and if she was going to be his friend? I stated an emphatic yes and hopefully your sister in law!

Monica said...

Ugh....I meant I had three under 3 years old. It is easier now :) 5, 3 and 2!

Unknown said...

Leah, I love that you are taking a poll to help decide the middle name! My neighbor always encouraged me when I had little ones. She had 4 under 5 years old and has lived to tell about them and their children and their grandchildren! Most of them are serving the Lord today. Such a heritage!