9.09.2008

While I Was Out. . .
Alex took today off, and one of our church members, Abelardo, wanted to come over and make a shrimp cocktail (a tomato based chilled soup with all sorts of stuff floating in it). They actually went down to a local island to pick up the fresh seafood.
I thought that they were just going to make the shrimp cocktail, but when I came home from my OB appointment this pitiful guy was sitting on our kitchen table.
Sure, I could have complained that there aren't enough Yankee Candles in Charleston to cover up the smells that now permeated every inch of our home, but they were so proud to be eating something that still looked mad about being caught and cooked... so I held my peace...and since my wonderful husband already told Abelardo that the Mrs. won't be eating the seafood (especially shrimp), today was a good day to opt for a $5 Hot-N-Ready.



Pregnancy Notes: I feel like I've been pregnant FOREEEEVER. Did you ever have a pregnancy where you felt more impatient (about being pregnant =) than others? Uggh. As I sat in the waiting room, I looked at the "really" pregnant ones around me and felt a slight pang of jealousy. Sooo ridiculous. Probably not as ridiculous as daydreaming about about the OB entering the office with my chart and telling me she has been wrong this whole time... that I'm really due in October, not January. No such luck. Maybe it's because I've passed the 20 week ultrasound mark (a landmark I always look forward to), I'm still on monthly appointments, and the nearest thing I have to look forward to is the glucose test. Yuck. I've also had to completely transition to maternity clothes. (Stephanie... I saw those eyes roll!!) In the past, I needed a few maternity shirts and at least one trusty dress/jumper for the last month or so. Those days are long gone. This is baby #3.
=
Speaking of baby #3... someone recently asked me if I had a theme for this baby. . . You know, ducks, lambs, polka-dots, transportation, daisies, the seven wonders of the world...I had to laugh. Having a theme for baby #3 never really crossed my mind. Olivia had a theme. AJ had a theme. I guess that somewhere in my thinking I figured that Clara was going to have what Olivia had-- and for the most part she will. However, I've been thinking about this. I do have a practical side, but I also want to keep some hand-me-downs reserved especially for Olivia, spruce up some that she can pass along, and have a few new things that are unique to Clara. When they go their separate ways and start their own families, I want to be able to pass things along to the girls without one or the other thinking "mom, uhhh, where's my stuff??!"

2 comments:

Ben and Carissa said...

I think I would have joined you for some pizza - as yummy as that fish looked!! I agree with you that being pregnant takes way too long - but it goes sooo much faster when you are NOT the one pregnant. I was thinking "wow 20 weeks already" HA!! What a journey! You look great!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you've got her theme - "baby #3" - why not? Olivia sounds perfectly capable of coming up with some artwork and stuff. Ah, but we all know you'll do something in the end - just don't get too tempted by all that 75% off Nutcracker stuff in December! Just teasing (and love the name by the way - not Emma, not Claire - it's not over-used old-fashioned and sweet).