8.19.2008

I don't have a picture to accompany this post. I wish I did, but I don't. As an expectant stay-at-home mom of 2 children ages 3 and 20months, my days are filled with. . . well, I don't really know what they are filled with. . . but I sure am tired by the end of it all. Sometimes I'm discouraged. Sometimes I'm fearful. Sometimes I'm weepy. Sometimes I'm "fed-up". And sometimes, like tonight, I laugh out loud right before I turn in for the night remembering a moment that wasn't so funny at the time. What brought the impromtu smile to my face? Earlier today, I heard a scuffle in the living room while I was changing over the laundry in the laundry room. Grrrr. . .that's it. somebody is going to get it. [Here's where I smile (though at that time I was still grrr...ing inside).] My little boy turns the corner with an unforgettable grimace on his face and a green crayon streak running down his cheek. I guess when it came to Battle Crayons, sister won. Unfortunately for Olivia, the arm of the sofa was not quite as washable as her little brother.

3 comments:

Ben and Carissa said...

Ahh, the Grrr! I know that Grrr well - even as I type this a scuffle is going on. Glad I popped in this morning. I know I am not alone - my couch is adorned with yellow highlighter! I started reading a book this week. I am seeking diligently to quiet the "grrr" in my heart. It is challenging my thinking on our role in the home - excellent so far - "Feminine Appeal" by Carolyn Mahaney. Congratulations on another girl - yippie!!

Erin Neiner said...

oh, the stories. poor aj. his day of defeat will come...maybe I should be thinking poor olivia. :)

your summary of thought is just perfect. it made me smile. :)

Rebecca M. said...

I've been there this week too! The other morning,I woke up to Lip Gloss on my arm and realized that Micah also "painted" my vacuum cleaner head with my lip gloss ...it was the prettiest vacuum I've seen in a while:)
A few days later I was grrr- ing a little more when I walked in and saw that he had "painted" himself as well as my sheets with my mascara (good thing it wasn't water proof)...hmmm I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on my little boy!