8.20.2008

Olivia Starts Preschool!


This was a big morning for Miss Olivia as she started K-3 today!! She will be going in with daddy at 8, and then coming home with him at 11:00 for lunch. This morning didn't go as I had dreamed it would. Of course, I had visions of hot cinnamon rolls baking in the oven, and pictures to chronicle this special day. Wouldn't you know it, the alarm clock didn't go off and we were in a rush rush. Daddy did give our school girl a piece of cinnamon toast and "coffee" (warm milk with sugar and a shot of Folgers). Hopefully we can do much better by the time K-5 rolls around!
Wearing the polka-dotted shirt she picked out for the first day
Olivia finds her seat

Mommy and her big girl
In all the rush, AJ never got his hair gelled. lol.
After getting Olivia situated in her class, AJ and I went to the Super BiLo grand opening down the road from our house. I basically went for all the free goodies, but with a few coupons I managed to come home with all this stuff for $3. Praise the Lord!

7 comments:

Pumpkinhead-Michelle said...

Isn't it exciting to see our kids growing up. It is kind of sad too. Morgann will be starting school in a week. She is so excited. Our house is going to be so quiet.

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Dear Olivia,
Congraptulations Olivia. Do you have pet at school? What does it look like? Don't be nervous. You will like school. My teacher is pretty (ok, mommy wrote that!)
Have a great day!
Love,
Canon

Erin Neiner said...

YAY! What an exciting day for little miss olivia! Love her cute new cut and adorable outfit she picked out! GREAT FINDS at the store! So was this a diversion to avoid the typical "my child's first day of school" break down?? :)

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Dear Canon,
No, we don't have a pet. Mrs. Zeigler got me with her [stuffed]alligator. I like school. I go to church with daddy and little buddy stays home with mommy because I'm a big girl and he's too little.

Love,
Olivia

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Michelle! I'm sure Morgann will LOVE school! She is such a smarty pants =)

Erin-- That shirt looked so cute on her, and I was suprised that she picked something that wasn't pink!! She never really showed any hesitations about starting school-- Whew! She really loves it! I was a little unsure about sending her to K3, but she goes for the "academic portion of the day" =) I smile everytime I say that because it is still manipulative fun stuff that she does, but the structure is good for her and the time flies by.

Rebecca M. said...

Did Olivia get a Big girl hair cut for school? It is just Darling!

Anonymous said...

WOW Leah K-3 she was just born the other day! Time sure does go by so FAST!! All of our love to the Millan's.
Love Olivia's hair cut I'm trying little by little to get Isabela's hair that short. :)