5.07.2008

A Royal Garden Birthday!

We packed up the car and headed to Alabama last week to celebrate Olivia's 3rd birthday with our family. Olivia had one request "pink", so we ran with it! I was pretty proud of myself for not going overboard and purchasing yards and yards of pink tulle... we didn't need elaborate decorations since the celebration took place in great-grandma's royal garden.

So happy together!

The pink princess dress from aunt Susie was a big hit! She is wearing it as I write this post =)


Opening presents. This one was a baby carrier for her doll. AJ looks more excited than Olivia does.

AJ hanging out with my uncle Kevin (can you see a family resemblance?)

Cousin Max came dressed as a storm trooper =)

The Royal Garden... a camera cannot capture the calming beauty of this special place. The kids walked around the flower beds and ran through the trees for hours!Alex found a nest of eggs, and I wanted to take a picture of it the next day. Suprise! When I pulled back a branch to snap a shot, a baby bird stretched his little head up for some food. I would have enjoyed this moment more were I not disgusted by lack of photography skills... hmmm blurry foreground sharp background... and this was the best shot...and I hope I didn't blind the poor little thing in the process!!


The princess taking a stroll

A little boy time with the light sabor. AJ is wearing his ghetto shorts =)

More pics of the garden

Olivia is keeping a close eye on the strawberries.

Dancing with great-grandma!


2 comments:

Pumpkinhead-Michelle said...

I bet she had a great time. Happy Birthday Olivia!!!

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Oh, so much fun! What a royal event - Olivia needed her prince charming to be there!