5.08.2008

Pop Quiz:



The apple juice stains in your carpet are starting to spell "SOME HOUSEKEEPER YOU ARE!" Then you feel like a bad mom because you don't teach your kids how to not spill stuff all over the carpet. Then you feel bad because they are just kids and you shouldn't be obsessed with how the house looks.

You feel like you can't do anything right. You would love to share what you read in your Bible this morning like you did back in the day, but this morning along with many other mornings is a blur.

You hate your clothes. Nothing looks good. You feel guilty for hating your clothes because you know there are people out there who don't have clothes. You hate your hair too. You can't remember the last time you didn't end up wearing a pony tail.

The children are down for the night. Ahhhhh.... the house is quiet. You put on a pot of coffee to enjoy while watching a little bit of news. You spill the scalding hot coffee all over yourself as you sit down on the sofa. You cannot stop crying... not because you burned the hooey out of your legs, but because the thought of cleaning up one more mess is just too much for you to handle.




Do you. . .

A) Rededicate your life to the Lord and pray for revival







B) Get a makeover







C) Call Stanley Steemer








D) Take a Pregnancy Test











The answer...


(D) We're due in December!!!

17 comments:

Tricia said...

Congratulations Leah! How very exciting... I loved your extremely clever announcement.

Jenny said...

I'm laughing out loud and have been for a few minutes. Congratulations, and - I Feel That Pain. :-)

Pumpkinhead-Michelle said...

LOL! I had to reread it! I thought it was a trick question...then I saw you announcement!! The blond came out. Congrats! So excited for you. Will be praying for you girl!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!! A family of five..wow that sounds BIG! :) So sad I missed seeing you when ya'll were here but looking foward to the next time!

~Nichole B.

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Yay! Now I can freely comment about your new news on here!! I hope you are feeling well. And...are you sure you wanted that announcement to be BLUE??? Well, maybe so!
Love you!

S said...

AHHHH! Leah you are too funny. Congrats! I have had some similar experiences as of late, but know I am NOT pregnant, just adjusting to life with two and still in sleep-deprivation stages. :)

mitchells2000 said...

Congrats on expecting your new little one! Can't say that I know how you feel... I only got to be pregnant for 8 days... not long enough to have symptoms! Maybe some day, Lord willing! Anyway, congratulations! We're very happy for you! Great creative announcement! :-)

Shyla said...

I just laughed out loud! that was a great little treat before going to bed! congratulations! at least you know that you are not crazy!! :)i can totally relate to that kind of day! we wouldn't be good mommies if we didn't!

Busch family said...

What a great announcement! Congratulations, Leah! I was laughing so hard all the way through your post, especially once I got to the "You hate your clothes" section. I even read it out loud to Kevin! :) I can identify with you quite a bit! Maybe someday I'll rent one of those carpet cleaners for my carpet. It's nearly to the spelling stage itself! :) I hope that you're feeling well! We're so happy for you!

Ben and Carissa said...

Great news Leah!! Ready for more apple juice stains (or at my house presently, pea, green bean, carrot, and sweet potato that Kate makes sure she hurls out a few times a day)? I am so excited for you and your growing family!!!

Rebecca M. said...

That is wonderful news!!! We are so happy for you...p.s we are considering tile :)

Karis said...

I was right along with you through this post. The other day I spilled my sweet tea just after I had put the kids down for naps, and I almost lost it because this spill was "in my control" and I was wasting my quiet time cleaning up my own mess. Oh and the clothes thing too and the pulling your hair back into a ponytail by the end of the day... yep! I don't have an announcement to make, but I'm glad that you do. Congratulations!

Beth said...

FUNNY- I thought for sure you'd be rededicating your life back to the Lord and making the rest of us feel guilty about our wrong responses to "life"- as you described it so well! Well, CONGRATULATIONS!

N. Conaway said...

Happy Mother's Day

We are so looking forward to another little Millan!

We love you!

Love Mom

Sara said...

YAY!!!! Congrats! You are such a terrific Mommy--I'm so glad another child will be so blessed to have you.

Heather said...

What a great way to let your little secret out! :) Congrats!!!

thefedssc said...

What a unique way to get the news out. Congratulations from the Fetterolfs!