4.28.2007

Here and There

So much going on, and yet so few pictures to show for it! I just told my mom that I'd update my blog for her, but apparently this was not a very good picture week for the Millans. Here are some of the better shots of this past week.

Event #1 Alex's Birthday!! We celebrated his birthday with a "Best Ever Chocolate Cake" (recipe to come), barbeque sandwiches, coleslaw, chips and dip. My grandparents came in that day from Alabama for the week, so we were able to get a family shot. It was great to have Papa and Grandma here (I thought I took some pictures of them, but it must have been with their camera-- oops!).

Event #2-- Baby Shower. I want to save the pictures and post about this in more detail in the next day or so, but here is a picture of Olivia enjoying an eclair during the big event. This was our first shower for the Hispanic ministry, so it was a big deal!


Event #3- Downtown Tour! Alex and I were able to take a church history tour downtown Charleston. Grandma and Papa watched the children while we had a special day together. It was a great tour. I personally felt challenged to be diligent about teaching our children church history.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh girl...thank you for the update! I was staring to have withdrawals:) lol The kids are just as cute as ever and AJ sure is growing up. Alex looks like he's loosing a few pounds - you go Hermano!! And you look the same as ever, my dearest “southern friend”! :) I sure miss you guys! BUT, I have had two incredible things happen - I found out I have two cousins that live, in El Mirage right by that Walgreen’s in your old neighborhood:) and an old friend from Inter-City lives in Surprise Dalene (she went to NBBC) is out visiting them and called so we're doing LOTS of fun stuff while she's here, since Adalina is nursing one of the kids and can't travel so much). Yesterday was the wildlife zoo, today is a hike at the white tanks after church, a BBQ this week when the family has some time and Friday we head north to Sedona and Saturday to the Canyon for a "train" ride:) :) We are both VERY excited about the train!! It's SO exciting - fun fun, but going be a few pennies, but people only come visit about once a year – so I’ll work hard later:) lol Well, this blog has turned into a book. Miss you friend! Write soon:) I’ll try to update my blog soon too:)
Love ya, Dana

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Hi! We have been gone for a week...back to the real world now! How great for your grandparents to visit. I bet Grandma couldn't wait to get her hands on her two little angels!

Rebecca M. said...

I loved reading the update. I was gone this week to celebrate my Grandmother's 80th Birthday and didn't have access to a computer. Olivia is so cute! Hope you have a great week. I'm looking forward to reading about the baby shower. :)