2.22.2007

Ever Tried This?

Every Wednesday I cook pinto beans in the crock-pot. Alex loves eating them with a quesadilla and I love to eat them southern style with corn bread and a sliced tomato. Yesterday I resurrected a bean recipe that we both forgot how much we loved. Have you ever tried Bean Burritos Enchilada Style?? They are so yummy and easy. Even if you don't have a pot of beans cooking every Wednesday, you can still make this by popping open a few cans. All you have to do is mash up some pinto beans, wrap them in a flour tortilla, cover with red enchilada sauce (if you like the canned kind-- go for it!), sprinkle with a little chopped onion (0ptional), and top with shredded cheese. Pop it in the microwave for about a minute and half or until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Girl! Alrighty, if she is not the CUTEST lil' Mama's helper:) I miss her so very much, and you too of course!!:) I love the family pic! AJ looks like Daddy and Olivia looks like Mommy...how fun:) And the bean burrito doesn't sound so great for my tummy, but I'm sure Alex loves it:) btw, I got my Test Home Kitchen cookbook. I haven't looked through it very much yet, but can't wait! There are SO many recipies in that one!!! ttyl, Love ya girl!
Dana