12.09.2006

If you can't beat 'em... let them join you!

Housework isn't what it used to be. What once could be accomplished in a day or two now seems to have expanded over an unending unspecified period of time. The casserole must have been invented by a young mother who out of desparation just dumped all her ingredients in a 13x9 in. pan and popped it in the oven. But you know... that's O.K.! I should count it all joy that my little girl could think of nothing else that she would rather do than be in the kitchen helping mom. Since Friday night is pizza night, I pulled a bin of Christmas decorations up to the counter, put a few tablespoons of flour into a small metal bowl, and let her "help". You know, I was more blessed by her little mess and by watching her play in the flour than I would have been if she was out of the kitchen and playing with something else.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like she is going to be a great helper!

Unknown said...

There is NOTHING more preccious than seeing that little Tookers stand up on "aunties" box:) and help her mama!! How adorable! Love and Miss you guys!

Erin Neiner said...

Leah...looks like you may have a little chef in the making! A happy child is a reflection of a happy home!! Your cute story reminds me of the other day in my house...pulling out the decorations, drew kept coming to me with the glass ball ornaments. So I pulled out a mini tree we had and someone had given him a mini Pooh&friends ornament set and he went to town decorating his own little tree.

By the way, I LOVE your firetruck post...cracked me up! I LOVE that you actually thought enough to take a picture!! A TRUE BLOGGER!!

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

You know Erin, sometimes the photo-op is worth the whole ordeal :) I don't mind an embarrassing moment if #1-I have friends right there to laugh with me or #2-I can get a good pic out of it :)