12.06.2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday, and I just want to thank my wonderful husband for making it such a special day for me!

First of all, I was awakened by my tall handsome husband holding a cup of Dunkin' Doughnuts coffee (double cream double sugar) and a doughnut. He snuck out early in the chilly morning just to bring that back and suprise me :)

Later on that morning I fed the baby, put Olivia down for a nap, and headed out BY MYSELF (it was Alex's day off, so he watched the kiddies) to get a much needed haircut! Yes, I broke down and got a mommy haircut. There just comes a time in every young woman's life when she's gotta retire those hot rollers and just get some really good little clippies.

After I got back, fed the baby again, and got Olivia up from her nap, we all headed out to the mall because Alex wanted me to pick out an outfit. We ended up sitting in the little playland in the middle of the mall for most of the time, but I can just get the outfit another day-- it was more fun watching Olivia climb over big plastic mushrooms and butterflies.

Later on that night, some dear friends of ours watched the children while Alex took me to the Olive Garden for dinner. He gave me a precious card that I could read over and over and over again.

What a great day! It seemed like the whole day was full of nice suprises and love from my family!

7 comments:

S said...

Happy belated Birthday Leah! Glad you had a great day. You should post a picture of your new haircut.

Erin Neiner said...

MY Friend, My Friend,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
Remember your birthday at Northland where we treated you to your haircut in town...the only semi-salon probably in the whole UP!:) Please post a picture---would love to see the stylin' momma cut...am looking for a new do myself!!! What a perfect birthday for you! Now you have an excuse to have a "shopping night" out at the mall all by yourself! I love ya!!! Cheers to you...with a mug full of DECAF coffee...double cream and sugar and a splash of egg nog!!! ;)

E.

Unknown said...

Hey Honnie!

I trust you had a fabuous "day off":) and wonderful birthday. I could really go for some Olive Garden right now:)

I miss you so much...espicially in this lovely time of recovery. As the pain killers ware off and Ihave the strength, be looking for the Chronicles of Dana's Hospital stay on my blog. BOY, was I the TALK of the OR and PACU amd ,u floor! I said some "intersting" things...so they say...not that I was able to remember all of them:) I don't think there wasn't more than two people I didn't get to laughing:) Well, gots to get back to some rest...my energy seems to drain REAL quick!

Love and Miss ya girl!
Give the kids my love, Alex too:)
Dana

Karis said...

Hi Leah. I can't remember whose blog I found the link to yours on, but I'm glad I did. It was fun to catch up with your life a little. Didn't we make one of those long trips from Northland to Alabama together? I remember we discussed it since we both lived down there, but my memory of those long trips are a little fuzzy. Happy Belated Birthday.

Karis (Varner) Seely

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Erin-- Yes!! I remember that one! Was that the same year you guys sent me on a crazy scavanger hunt around campus? Oh those birthday memories :) I'll post a picture of my new do. Our camera has been full, and I just got around to downloading the pics on CD.

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Dana-- hope you are feeling better and stronger each day! We got out the good ol' Christmas tree tonight! I'm sure yours looks great :)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!! You haven't changed a bit since I met you at college...coffee!! :)