11.17.2008

Input Requested: Bake Sales


This coming Friday and Saturday, our school's annual Christmas Mall will be taking place. Of course, no fundraising event is complete without a BAKE SALE. Since this is an event that will be benefiting our wonderful teachers, I'm definately planning to contribute some sort of baked goodness.

I might not have been the best student, but I'm determined to be a great parent, and that means coming up with something that will really bring in the $$$. Who would have thought I would turn out to be such an over-achiever after all??


I need your ideas!! What kind of stuff do you like to buy at bake sales?

7 comments:

Gran&Grampy said...

Candy--like truffles or toffee(not actually baked [rather cooked]) if that doesn't bend the rules too much.

Gran&Grampy said...

Just to let you know that gran&amp:grampy is a code for "Meg's Gran"

Unknown said...

Large Brownies, individually wrapped! You can actually charge 75 cents to a dollar and people will buy them! Whole pies will work, too: Apple, with crumb topping or lattice top, look prettier, peach, pumpkin...Have fun.

Erin Neiner said...

The things that I have noticed that sell big are pies and big hunks of fudge!!! I've also seen cream puffs disappear quickly. BUT, if you could market anything, I'd say those fabulous cinnamon rolls of yours are a must! I'd pay a pretty penny for them! You could even name them "thanksgiving morning cinnamon rolls." :P mmmm...I can taste them now!!

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Does salsa count for a bake sale???
Ok, here is what I would want (well, what I really want at this very moment) Buckeyes! You know those peanut butter chocolate dipped yummies...mmmm...

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Wow! Thanks for all the really great suggestions... now to actually choose something, make it, and not eat it all in the process =)

Stephanie...I laughed when you mentioned Buckeyes because I was just telling my mom that morning I'll pay good money for those things =) mmmmm

Anonymous said...

I think anything with chocolate and peanut butter. Chocolate Dipped Pretzels are nice if you take the time to decorate them with sprinkles or white chocolate.