4.03.2008

Little Miss Fancy Pants
Today I blew the dust off the sewing machine and set to work on a little project I've been wanting to do ever since Olivia started wearing "pantsies". She wears dresses everyday. She LOVES her dresses, and that was fine when she wore bulky diapers underneath. Mom here doesn't particularly like it when her cute little Cinderella "pantsies" are flashed before the world. So, I bought a pattern for shorts, some white cotton fabric, a little lace, elastic, thread.... and voila! Instant modesty! (Maybe not so instant... I am a little rusty) They need to be shortened and tapered a little, but I am sooo thrilled that I just MADE SOMETHING!! A desire accomplished is sweet to the soul!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, but you have come so far from a particular pink dress I remember! Ha ha! I just think it's funny that we both posted about sewing after not doing it for a while.

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Oh my goodness Sarah!!! That little pink dress came to mind today as I threaded the elastic through the waist... I can't believe my grandma let me wear my Sunday afternoon sewing project... then again I was what, 9 years old?

Beth said...

Great idea- and so cute! She looks so southern! ha!

margret Mefford said...

Leah, you did a great job! And what you said about it being 'sweet to the soul' is so true!!!
Grandma

Beth Ann Johns said...

Wow, I'm impressed!

N. Conaway said...

I am going to look for some princess material so she can have some princess bloomers!