3.31.2008

This is Raul. He was the winner of our Sunday School contest, so he and 2 friends were treated to fun and pizza at Chuck E Cheese.



This is Karen, his sister. She was one of his friends that he brought along.



This is Danielito. He needed a haircut, so after Chuck E Cheese, we brought the kids to our house where everyone got to play, eat ice cream, and Danielito got a haircut.


This is AJ. He is hot and sticky and needs a nap.




This is Olivia (not pictured). She avoids pictures at all cost, and the "Olivia, obey mommy. . . smile" ones don't usually turn out anyways.


When we took Raul and his friends to Chuck E Cheese, I thought to myself what a picture of grace. Raul won. He met all the requirements. He did the work. He didn't miss an opportunity to get points. Yet, Karen and Danielito were running around having a great time. They enjoyed everything Raul got to enjoy. They ate pizza. They played games. They redeemed their tickets for little plastic insects and bubbles. Danielito even got a haircut! They didn't hesitate to enjoy the day because they didn't win the prize for themselves... Raul won and that was all they needed to get in on all the fun. I needed to see this picture flashed before my eyes this week because this frazzled brain of mine is always struggling to take my eyes off of my works and set my eyes on the finished work of Christ. I have a hard time living by grace and not by works. Work is exhausting. Grace is inspiring.

2 comments:

Karis said...

Good reminder about grace. It reminded me of the song "Were It Not For Grace" especially the part "Forever running but losing this race were it not for grace."

Anonymous said...

I didn't know your husban was a barber.