9.28.2007

Today I decided to make homemade tortillas. Deep down inside, I am a kitchen nerd who actually enjoys the process of making things from scratch. Some kids got in trouble for watching bad movies or calling boys late at night. I got in trouble for playing with my Easy-Bake oven... all night. Anyways, it was fun and I would really like to perfect the recipe. Tortillas are basically flour, baking powder, salt, Crisco, and warm water. The trickiest part is actually getting them to turn out round (as seen below). Fortunately, Alex stepped in and showed me how his Abuelita did it. Is it worth the time and effort? YES! You can compare it to homemade bread vs. store bought sliced bread... the store bought kind can work fine for you, but homemade is a special comforting treat!







4 comments:

Erin Neiner said...

YUMMY!!!! I was JUST thinking about tortillas for some reason and how good they sounded to me!! Homemade looks delicious!! Do you have to use one of those "presses"?? Looks like AJ's loves them!! Here's to Good Eats to the Kitchen Queen!! :P

Jenny said...

Yummy is right! Would you mind posting your recipe?

Tracy said...

I love homemade tortillas and would love to have your recipe.

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Sure thing!