2.12.2007

Fresh Air and Sprinkles



Perhaps this picture I took this morning should have been an indicator of how my day was going to go. O.K. say what you will, maybe I was a bad mommy because I didn't resist the urge to take a picture of one of Olivia's naughty yet funny moments. On the menu this morning: OATMEAL, something that Olivia is not very fond of. Her method of protest: burying her head in Lamby and hoping that mommy and the big bowl of gooey goodness would disappear.
space
Without delineating all the details, after "a day of it", I tucked little Miss into her bed, handed AJ to daddy, and set out to go get a doughnut. Still, sprinkles have their way of making everything better. Sometimes a mom needs to "come apart" before she "comes apart". It's amazing what 30 minutes of fresh air, good music, and pink frosting can do to perk up a weary mamma.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey my sweet friend!
WOW, I'm not even a mom and NEED days like that:) Just a lil' Chocolate and "me time" and I feel GREAT! (Fresh air always helps too, but we don't get that too often out here:) This weekend I had a whole two days of some MUCH NEEDED "refreshment"! I'm still debating a post on it...it was so wonderful, just some me time with God! It doesn't get any better than that. And an all time NEW favorite song (that I know you know) "My Father's Love". Well, we need to chat soon:) I have some Q's for you. I'll see if I can e-mail them to you later, but I still have to practice guitar and it's already after 8, plus laundry to fold:) Fun times of adult hood eh?!?! Good thing I'm not wife and mom too:) LOL
Love ya girl!
Dana-Dana

Heather said...

Your husband is great!!! We all have days like that, but at least we realize what we have to do so that we can change it!!

I am so glad that you have a blog! Everytime I read it, it is such an encouragement to me!!

Thanks!!!

Heather said...

Your husband is great!!! We all have days like that, but at least we realize what we have to do so that we can change it!!

I am so glad that you have a blog! Everytime I read it, it is such an encouragement to me!!

Thanks!!!

S said...

I'm glad that you were able to get a chance to get away. It always helps to be able to step away from the situation. :)

Erin Neiner said...

Oh, My Friend! Isn't it amazing how quickly those sweet little angels turn on us...! :) I love your remedy! Sometimes it's just those little breathers that help us regain fortitude & focus for the battle! The pink sprinkles are so you! Sweet & cute & girly! Have you tried DD's white hot chocolate! YUM...that's my new favorite "get away" treat! Could drink one every day!!! Hope things are on the rise...

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Dear Friends- mammamillan is back in gear :) Thanks for your comments. All went well today (until Olivia stuck her beloved Lamby in the potty right before bed).

The Barkers said...

That is so cute! I totally understand what you mean even though I haven't gotten to the defiant stage yet!:-)