2.10.2007

A Prayer

Alex and I recently celebrated our third anniversary, and for my (belated) anniversary post, I want to share with you the words to one of the songs we had in our wedding. I have no major insights or advice about marriage -- just a simple prayer that we sincerely share as husband and wife.
Space
Testimony
May our lives be a testimony
To who we are in You, to who You are in us.
Lord Jesus, may the ones we touch be touched by you.
Oh may our lives be a testimony.
May our lives be a tribute to Your name
May we seek first your smile not men's applause nor fame.
Lord Jesus, if it means for You we suffer pain
Oh may our lives be a tribute to Your name.
May our lives be a symphony of praise
A song of hope and joy that fills our nights and days.
Oh grant that we may never cease to always raise
Oh Lord to You a symphony of praise.
May our lives be a mirror of your grace,
Reflecting love that goes beyond all time and space.
Lord Jesus, may men see not us but Your dear face
May our lives be a mirror of your grace.

4 comments:

Erin Neiner said...

Beautiful Picture!! And such a beautiful song! The thing I loved most about your wedding (other than the fact you were getting married) was the music. It was so great to hear all the songs ring through our dressing room as we prepared you, the bride, for your grand appearance! It was so honoring & uplifting in the Lord. I only wished we could have sang a little trio of it...maybe someday!

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

I still can't believe how beautiful the music was!! In fact, as the parents were being walked down the aisle-- the groomsmen were nowhere to be found. Just before the panic set in-- they stumbled out of the back of the auditorium (they were standing back there listening to the music). When I was watching our video-- Oh Wondrous Love was playing in the background as my pastor and Bro. Steve were going over some details. It took me a second to realize that that was live music and not a recording!

That would be a great trio! Remember how I wanted all the bridesmaids to sing? Who was it that talked me out of that one? You girls could have pulled it off! Actually, I wanted to use that same song for our Mother/Daughter banquet at church. The theme was "teachers of good things". That song could work great for something like that too!

mitchells2000 said...

Love the pic... and the song is beautiful, too! If only I could live out day to day what I wish I could be... the spirit is willing, but my flesh is SO weak! (I'm working on that one, though!)

Liesl said...

wonderful song--i haven't heard it. Can you believe how quickly the days pass. I am overwhelmed at the brevity of life and the need to redeem the time!
you two look wonderful, beautiful and happy!