1.18.2007

A Birthday Blessing

Happy Birthday Danielle!!

I look at this picture in amazement because I cannot believe that fourteen years have passed since it was taken! Danielle, you were such an adorable little baby! You were a bright light in my wacky early-teenage years. I was just beginning the ninth grade in a brand new school when this picture was taken (sorry, I couldn't locate a picture of the two of us together at that time, though let me assure you -- you were so much cuter than my lanky self). The thought of coming home to my adorable new little sister helped me through that miserable time!! As you grew, your distinct no-nonsense personality gradually began to surface. But beneath that tough exterior (I have never met another child who could break her arm at recess and not shed a tear over it!), is a sensitive and caring sweetheart! You love to give to others, and you are the first to stand up for someone who is being mistreated. I am so proud of you! Keep your testimony bright and clear. Don't settle for anything less than an uninterrupted walk with our great and faithful God! Have a wonderful birthday my sweet sis!

Love your guts!
Leah

0 comments: