10.22.2008

30 Weeks and Counting!!

I still feel like I've been pregnant forever, but reaching 30 weeks has perked me up a bit. Not too close and not too far. I don't remember Olivia or AJ moving as much as little Clara is moving. Seriously, this child is practicing her back-stroke as I write this.

I've been out of comission for the past few days, so I rediscovered all the afternoon baby shows. Before having my own kids, I watched the show up until it was time to have the baby and then I'd change the channel. It just grossed me out. Now I not only watch the whole show, but I actually talk to the television and sometimes even cry when that baby is born! People do crazier things... I guess. Anyways, the phrase "birth plan" came up in one of the shows this week, and I had to chuckle. I've read about the importance of having a birth plan, I've known people who take the time to write up a birth plan, but a birth plan is sooooo not me. Maybe I should be a little more responsible when it comes to these matters... so for the record, here's the plan.

1. If I go into labor on Dec. 31st, I will be sure to remember my makeup just in case we happen to have the first baby of the year and end up on the Today Show. Though with my luck, the Duggar lady will probably have her 18th on the same day, in which case we'll probably just get an honorable mention.

2. Upon arriving at the hospital, I will request epidural.

3. Don't forget to mention naproxin allergy this time!!

4. Receive epidural and chill out... but accept the fact that we will probably be watching "the game" or "the news" even though I am the one having the baby.

5. Have baby!

There's the plan... of course all is subject to change (heaven forbid an anesthisiologist strike!)which is why I don't write birth plans.

1 comments:

joeandkris513 said...

Both times when I was pregnant and watched those baby shows, I would cry my eyes out every time the baby was born. Joe thought I was crazy...I think the thought of labor and delivery just scared me silly! Hang in there and remember...they are easier on the inside than the outside (that's what they say anyway!)
- Kristi Henson