3.07.2008

Product Review

Olivia's art stuff box was looking pretty pathetic and uninspiring with her little crayon bucket and watercolors that looked like various shades of brownish-something. It was definately time to add markers and paint :) to the mix! I also picked up these TaDoodles for AJ thinking it would be better than explaining to the nursery workers exactly why my son's mouth is green and blue.

These markers are very cute, but they are a pain. First of all, they are bottom heavy, so they are always upright. That might seem great in light of less mess for the floor or table, but when your child (AJ's age) grabs it, he grabs it from the top. You always have to place the marker in his hand just so. Then when he is holding it right side down, it needs to be at just the right angle to write. He scribbled with it for a few seconds and went for sister's blue and green markers. Olivia had fun with the cute little animal markers, but since it is marketed to the 18m+ crowd I thought it should work a little better for AJ.

Conclusion: You'd be better off buying yourself a White Chocolate Mocha Latte :)

6 comments:

LeAnna said...

that is good to know Leah, I almost bought those once and kinda put it off to another time...now I will know better.
Hey, have you tried those markers crayola put out that can only write on their paper? my mom got some for Rebekah and they work well. Only problem with them is 1) you have to buy their paper and 2) that they take a second to appear b/c of the chemical reaction but they definitally don't write on anything else. :)
~ LeAnna

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

The Color Wonder stuff is great! Whoever invented that also must have been tired of explaining to the nursery lady why their child's mouth is blue and green :) Another great product is the Aqua Doodle. Olivia received one as a gift, and it is perfect for car-trips. You just fill up the special pen with water and draw on the paper. You can get them in the toy section.

Erin Neiner said...

LOVE your conclusion!!! :) Thanks for the tip. I saw these at Target and had my doubts...AJ was right!!! TOo bad though. I am always looking for little boy-friendly art supplies. Jack also LOVES the aqua doodle!

Erin Neiner said...

p.s. Jack has had MANY blue/green mouth days! All in the name of art, I suppose!

Beth said...

Great idea (conclusion)! Now I want to run to Starbucks.

The Barkers said...

LOL! I have to agree. I just bought them the other day myself.