12.27.2007

Bible Study with a 2-year old

I was attempting to practice my Spanish this morning by reading aloud from my bilingual Bible while Olivia sat and ate her "Yum-Cereal" (Cream of Wheat with applesauce and cinnamon). She wanted her Bible too, so I handed her a Bible Storybook. Then she wanted coffee just like mommy. Why not. So, I poured my little copycat a cup of warm milk with a shot of Folgers. The conversation that followed went something like this:

(Olivia flips open her book to Paul's shipwreck)

Olivia: "Mommy, what he doin'?"

Mommy: "His boat crashed on the rocks, but God..."

Olivia: "Are dey goin' to da beach?"

Mommy: "No..."

(Olivia flips to another page)

Olivia: "Mommy! Look at da water!!!"

Mommy: "Yes, God moved the water out of the way so the people could walk to the other side..."

Olivia: "Are there fish in the water?"

Mommy: "Yes.."

Olivia: "Is that daddy?"

Mommy: "No, that's Moses..."

Olivia: "Is he goin to da beach?"

She was really cracking me up, and she was on a roll, so like a good mommy.... I had to get the rest on camera!

8 comments:

Erin Neiner said...

I am cracking up out loud!!! I love the comment about Eve!!! Hilarious!! There's no getting around that one!!! :) Soooo cute!!

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

We ALL just had so much fun laughing at Olivia! I love her squeaky little voice! I was just thinking that if Cabot is a day late, he and Olivia will share a bday!!

N. Conaway said...

Oh my Leah! The girls and I were just cracking up watching that. She is truly one of a kind.
Please keep that camera handy at all times!

We love and miss you

Mom

Beth said...

Good job mom and dad! Olivia is right, Eve needed a spanking! funny! I love catching those moments on video.

Karis said...

If I saw the front of the Bible right, Kayla has the exact same little Bible (never knew there were so many cats in Bible times), and we also have had to hold back smiles and laughter at some of her comments and questions. I love the interaction even if their minds aren't on "the important." I loved that video clip. How cute.

Monica said...

Oh my what a precious little sweetheart! Great job getting the camera of her devotions :)

Pumpkinhead-Michelle said...

Too cute!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.