8.30.2007

Millan Mania

An "Ah-Ha" Moment: Even the most coordinated toddlers can have a tough time getting their cereals and soups from bowl to mouth. As I was choosing an appropriate eating utensil for Olivia's "po-po cups", the regular spoon (too big) and the baby spoons (too small and shallow) did not appeal to me. Then my eyes fell upon a regular measuring tablespoon. Perfect! These spoons are made to transport liquid from one place to another with minimal spilling. Have you had an "ah-ha" moment lately?
We are beating the heat around here: The activity of choice has been a make shift climbing station of cushions. Olivia was benched in this first picture because she is learning to "consider others" while she plays-- others just happens to be her little unassuming brother who doesn't appreciate a good trample here and there. I get a little miffed when I see kids running and playing in complete abandonment... running over and bumping into all who happen to fall in their paths (especially when my children happen to be in their path, and ESPECIALLY if they are WAY to big to be playing in kiddie play areas anyways..... I digress). After a while she did get to enjoy cushion mania without little brother to worry about.
Jump Olivia!

5 comments:

S said...

I'll have to try your tablespoon idea. We are still struggling with Esther learning to feed herself..and whether she does or not depends on whether I have time to clean up the mess and wasted food on the chair and floor!

I totally agree with your pet peeve about children being inconsiderate. You're never too young to learn manners! Esther has gotten bulldozed her share of times and I want to make sure she's not the one doing it on the other end. Not to mention, it's awkward to have to tell someone else's child to be careful. And I'm serious, with this one kid, she got tackled probably 4 or 5 times. The other kid wouldn't give up!! Accident? I don't think so.

Unknown said...

Goodness...that looks like fun, when can Auntie come over to jump:) I bet the kiddos just loved that one! And the spoon...what a great idea girl! Maybe one day I can try it if I ever get married and have kids.

My attempt at beans was a BIG FLOP!! But, thanks to working with some wonderful Mexicans, they gave me a few more tips. (Try beans that are fresh from a barrel...most likely I had bad beans:) Also, they helped with the latest rice crisis...I undercooked my rice, hence my e-mail to you. The type doesn't matter as long as you cook it thoroughly they said! I'm gonna try again this weekend...after I go to Food City, our favorite store:) lol - good memories!
Love ya Girl!
Dana – Dana

Beth said...

I know this isn't what the post is about, but I love your yellow wall. It looks great!

Beth said...

we've got pillows and cushions and blankets all over our living room floor right now! The kids make forts and then visit each other with big armfulls of library books. they've been begging me to join them and read, so i might have to get off here and dive in!

Monica said...

Bravo....great idea. Self feeding...what a messy yet necessary skill to learn! What a blessing when they no longer need help or catch all bibs :)

I know have a 4 year old....and it is embarassing when you have taught her from birth to be careful of others, yet has a manners block and knocks someone down. I also have a 1 year old that gets swatted by other kids in the nursery when he is messing up others blocks. It is a never ending training process. Training is hard...raising kids isn't so bad...it is the training them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord that is the tough part