7.26.2007

Together Again

The Millans


While Alex spent 10 days in Mexico on a missions trip, I returned to the land of my nativity... Alabama to celebrate my grandparents' 50th anniversary. When we returned home from our adventure, Olivia walked in the living room, looked around and said with a sense of wonder "this is nice!" Well said Olivia!

On Monday night, some friends of ours watched the kids while Alex and I went out on a much needed date night. We talked about our post-summer goals. I felt a little sheepish after listening to my husband share his intense desire to walk diligently with the Lord... then when asked what my goals were, replied with "... ummm.... I'd like to have a yard sale!" Then again, serving my family is my offering to the Lord. It is noble. It is a spiritual work. I'm glad to be back!

7 comments:

N. Conaway said...

I just love that picture!

We sure do miss you and the kids, everytime we go somewhere there is a little something that reminds us of ya'll, like getting some clementines at the store and they are in a little bag with Nemo on it!!

I know you are glad to be home and things are probably somewhat back to normal.

I am getting all my books together for school and working on lesson plans. I am so looking forward to this next school year because I believe that the Lord is going to really work in our hearts. I am just looking forward to spending some real quality time with the girls, even though it is school!

I love you and miss you! Give the kids hugs and kisses from grandma!

Love
Mom

Pumpkinhead-Michelle said...

Love that picture. We miss you guys! Your idea of a yard sale sounds great. I need to have one. They don't do them as much over here. I wish they did. Matt has been working on ideas here too. Sometimes it seems a bit overwhelming. Anyways, we miss you guys!

Janelle said...

What an adorable little family you have! It's fun to go on vacations, but it is so wonderful to get back home! Glad you are home safe and sound and that things can start getting back to normal, if there ever is such a thing!

Heather said...

Cute family picture!! Glad to see you back!!!

Erin Neiner said...

Great family picture! I am especially loving the polka-dots! :) I also love an "adventure" but you are right, THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!! Enjoy your lazy mornings while you have an excuse... Good luck on your yard (we call them tag) sale!!

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Who in the world could have taken such a GREAT family photo??? Easily done with the highly photogenic Millans! Glad to be home? ME TOO!! Talk to you soon...

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Stephanie-- The chick that took our picture was a real pro! Hope you had a great time relaxing in the sun :)