6.14.2007

Back, but not for Long

My mom kindly requested an updated post today, and I will admit that blogging has been one of the farthest things from my mind these past several weeks (spot cleaning the carpet would have to come in a close second to that). But let the world fall apart around me, and on with the post!


The past few weeks could be summed up into 3 categories: Nonnie's Visit, Sick Kiddos, and VBS prep.

Alex's mom and grandma came to visit a few weeks ago. "Nonnie" thoroughly enjoyed her newest grandson. One very special treat was when his grandma made a pile of fresh flour tortillas! AAAAAAhhhhh! I was amazed at how beautifully round and perfect each one was-- then again she's been making tortillas for 60+ years! This is just a random picture that is amusing to me. Olivia came around the corner with AJ in her little baby stroller! What a pair!

The little darlings were so sick for what seemed like the longest time! I can now add "Nose Sucker (I think the technical term is bulb siringe) Technician" to my mamma resume! It takes some skills to get all those boogies out when you are groggy and cross-eyed at 2 a.m. I got a kick out of Olivia wanting to take Lamby's temperature, and AJ getting attached to his medicine dropper!

I snapped this picture this morning before we headed out the door to run some VBS errands. It starts next week, English in the morning and then Spanish in the afternoon!





.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you again! I missed your posts! I love the shirt Olivia is wearing in the last picture. Did you get it from Walmart? I saw some there like that and thought they were so adorable! Very patriotic! Our youth group has been praying for your Spanish VBS. Can't wait to hear how it goes!
~Nichole Berg

Unknown said...

Hey my sweet friend! Oh for a new blog from you!! See, without you being local, I LONG for updates cause it seems as if you're still around the corner:) lol AJ is surely turning into a lil' Alex;) and Olivia is a spitting image of you my dear!!! PTL for that:) Enjoy VBS...more Northland skills put to good use! Keep us posted as often as the kiddos and life allow you to!
Love ya Girl!
Dana
PS - I will say, the tortillas look SO YUMMY!!!! Mmmm!

N. Conaway said...

Thank-you for the update!! I just love seeing my little sweeties. They sure have grown. Olivia is just like Danielle was when she was that age, she hated to have her picture taken.

I cannot wait to get over to Charleston and see everyone.

I love you all so very much

Love
MOM

Monica said...

Whoa, girl...you are insanely busy! I don't know how you can keep up...and I bet you look as perfect as usual in the midst of booger sucking :)

Ok, I so have a hanering for some authenic mexican food. Those tortillas....I can almost smell them.

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Hey you! No wonder I can't get ahold of you!! Can't wait for our visit!

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Nichole-- Yes! I got her shirt at Wal-Mart-- she looks so cute in it, but what really makes the outfit is her sparkley red-glitter sandals she wears with it. Thank you for praying for our VBS! God has provided so much help that we needed, and we are looking forward to a great week :)

Dana-- We miss you too! I don't really have as much motivation to keep sweet tea in the fridge anymore :)

Monica-- Those flour tortillas were soooo delish-- but let me tell you the "secret" ingredient is pretty appalling-- LARD!!! Auggghhh!

Stephanie-- my friend -- call me... again :)

Erin Neiner said...

Leah,
I am SO sorry I did not call you back, but I did get your message. Maybe it's just as good with all you have going on!! Sounds fun, exciting & tiring!!! Make sure after everything slows down you take some time for yourself: go get a pink frosted donut with sprinkles, or something!! :)
It was so great with steph here. I do wish/look forward to the day we all can/will get together! :) I am going to try to call you soon to catch up. The kids are adorable as ever. AJ is really looking older!! Jack JUST cut his first tooth yesterday! Isn't it funny how differently each of them develop! But I think Jack may start crawling soon. Just this last month he went from rolling from back to front and now he can roll/scoot to the other side of the living room!!!! Much fun bestows upon us with a running child and crawling tag along!!!
love you.

Pumpkinhead-Michelle said...

Feel your pain, sister. I have been awful about keeping up my blog. After spending most of last month in Doctor offices and hospital, blogging has been off of my list of things to do. I am getting back into it again. Love the pictures. Kids are growing up so fast. They are sooo...cute. Miss you.

Sara said...

I have so enjoyed "catching up" with you on your blog! I have added you to my favorites, so hopefully, I will be better about keeping in touch this way with you! Your little ones are just so precious! You sound so busy--makes me feel "not so alone!" You are such a terrific writer (which makes catching up very enjoyable), and a fabulous Mommy! I can easily sense your love for your children, and I just know that you are the type to savor the precious moments!! Keep it up, SuperMom!

LeAnna said...

So good to see you are doing well my prayer partner. :) We should e-mail, I am done at NBBC and married with a little girl who is 14 months and a boy on the way. It is great to hear how the Lord is working in your life, you were always such an encouragemnt to me. Write if you like, I'd love to keep in touch after all these years: clkiwis@gmail.com
~LeAnna (Mansfield) Comstock

Liesl said...

homemade torillas! wow.
vbs in two languages; double wow!
hope it went well for the glory of God!