5.10.2007

Thursdays

THURSDAY TRADITIONS
=
Alex gives me a hard time about my love for making everything a tradition. He insists that it isn't a tradition unless we do it more than once or twice. That means that just because we had a nice walk on the beach on the first weekend in June doesn't necessarily mean that we have a family tradition of walking on the beach the first weekend in June.
=
I can say, however, that Thursdays have taken a traditional turn for us. In the morning, I take Olivia to play on the playground at church. She loves going to the "pay-gwown". Alex comes out to meet us for his lunch hour and we all go to Crackerbarrel or Pizza Hut for lunch. MMMM. Maybe if I were more nostalgic I'd pack a picnic, but for now I'll settle for hot blueberry pancakes.
=
This evening we sat on the porch, and Alex got out his guitar. He was serenading me with the loveliest song he wrote just for me... "Leah my tortilla..." Olivia ran circles around everyone, and AJ calmly observed all that was happening around him.

3 comments:

Rebecca M. said...

Special Event memories are so nice but the "normal, everyday happenings" when something different sparks in your mind (the smell of summer nights, the touch of a little one's head on your lap, the peace and quietness that calms your heart) make things like Thursday Traditions extra special :) Time spent with family is a Blessing indeed. Hope you have a
Happy Mother's Day Leah!

thefedssc said...

Way to go, Leah. As you know our family is all about traditions, too. Sure would love to hear the rendition of "Leah, my tortilla :-)"
~ the Fetterolfs

Erin Neiner said...

Oh my Leah,
My round tortilla...

wait a second....
what does that mean???
Hmmph!!!

Love it!! Love that Alex plays the guitar!! AJ's taking it all in...he'll be a pro someday!

Love you, my friend!