2.06.2007

Millan Happenings

This post is dedicated to my mother who is irritated that I havn't posted any pictures of the kids. "I don't care about pizza dough..." Love you mom! :)

Our anniversary was Jan. 31st (yeah-- I'm a little late on my anniversary post, but it's coming) and Alex suprised me with a trip down to Savannah to eat a Paula Deen's restaurant! Yummm! Maybe that's why I've had food on the brain lately. You have to get there and sign up at 9:30 a.m. Our lunch was at 11. It was buffet and it was sooooo delicious! Fried chicken, pot roast, pork chops, mac and cheese, cheesy biscuits, collard greens, mashed potatoes... Yummm! (no-- I didn't get to see Paula)

We had a birthday party for little Danielito this past weekend. I made salsa, guacamole, and flautas (chicken rolled in corn tortillas and fried).
OLIVIA!!! If she has an "I think I did something I wasn't supposed to do" expression on her face, that's because she just pulled the table cloth off our little buffet/cabinet, and brought the whole cake down with it! Fortunately, the cake landed right side up and suffered minimal damage.
Alex turned down an invitation to go to a Super Bowl party after church because he thought that it would be too much for me and the babies. We drive separately to church since he picks people up for the service, so I usually get home about an hour before he does. I scoured the fridge and pantry and put together our own Super Bowl party. On the menu: hot ham and cheese crescent rolls, a block of cream cheese covered in pepper jelly (very delicious!) and some of Olivia's crackers (thanks Olivia!), popcorn (duh), coke a cola, and peanut butter cups.
Brother and sis are excited about the game!
It looks like we have another finger-sucker :)

I took this picture today. Olivia wanted to wear her sunglasses around the house today. She's one cool cat!

12 comments:

S said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you got some good Southern comfort food. :)

joydriven said...

happy anniversary, millans. =}

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

You know what cracks me up the most about the picture you took of Olivia and the cake...that you had the time to grab the camera!! What quick thinking, girl!!!

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary!

And, I'd love to get your flauta recipe!! Michael grew up in southern CO and LOVES Mexican food. I'm always up for a new recipe! (hint, hint)

twomuthsatgmaildotcom

Erin Neiner said...

My Friend...ugh...I forgot about the anniversary...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! At least your hubby remembered! ;) How nice to go out on a date all alone! "Those were the days..." Your mom is a true "grandmother"...it's all about the kids now, isn't it! I also love the little culprit's face with icing on her dress! Oh well...Hey, how does AJ like the exersaucer? For some reason I never used one with Drew so I don't have one for Jack...but everyone seems to love them. Did he just start in it? Something I'll have to look into. And for the record...don't give up the mommy-stimulating posts! We other mommies need some adult-friendly reading out there!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Leah!
I was looking at Michelle Parrow's blog and found a comment you had left and found your blog! It's so neat to see someone who grew up in the CBC youth group and graduated from CBA still living for the Lord years later! You have the most adorable kids and you seem like such a great mom and still having lots of fun with your kids and husband! You blog has been such a blessing to me! Well just wanted to say "hi"! You'd better come back to HSV soon! Thanks again for your great example.
-Nichole Bergstresser

Stephanie (Wolynes) Steinbart said...

Hey girl! I have to admit -- I LOVE seeing the pics of your little ones! But, I'm with Erin, I also enjoy some "lady talk" as well.
Happy Anniversary! It's hard to remember back that far -- both Erin and I were pregnant with our first babies...the fun flower shopping...the rather tedious decorating...the yummy dinner at that great cheeseburger joint...the wedding boss lady...oh the memories! Hopefully we will be able to make some more soon!
Love,
Steph

The Barkers said...

Miss Leah! Its been a long time. Actually 10 years this summer since we worked together at Northland Summer Camp. I saw you about 4-5 years ago at Hampton Park for a mother/daughter banquet. My parents attend there. My sister is in MI, attending church with Jenny Muth. I have gotten to know Jenny through Andrea and I have seen you post on her blog. I wanted to say Hi and tell you its been fun catching up. Your kids are beautiful!
Remember Kim Smith, your roommate at Camp? She is preggie with #2, due March 22nd. She has a little boy Luke, who is 3 1/2. She and her family reside in Tampa FL. Her husband is the music pastor at Hillsdale Baptist.
Glad you are doing well! I can't believe I haven't run into you since we live in the same town!
Sarah (Johnson) Barker

Tfipps said...

Rob and I ate at one of Paula Deen's restaurant once...I think it must have been before she was as popular, because we got right in. It was our Sophomore or Junior year of college, and I flew into the airport in Savannah, and he picked me up. We were driving around looking for somewhere to eat, and saw "Lady and Sons". It was delicious. I just made some of her cookies on Monday night, but I was a little disappointed with them.

Erin Neiner said...

Leah, your picture inspired me. Tonight we had a quick dinner bc John's going over to the church to paint...but I stole your ham & cheese crescents. Delicious...except looks like you sprinkled cheese on top of the crescents...and I forgot to do that. Anyway, thanks for the idea! It was perfect!

p.s. how do you know Joy McCarnan??? I didn't know you knew her...I knew her from when I was at BJ.

p.p.s. did you check out my blog recently...

Unknown said...

Your flautas look delicioso! How do you get them so perfect? Do you use a deep fryer? How old is your little Daniel now?

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Erin-- that is so funny about your angel food cake :) Those things can be tricky!

Alicia-- Little Danielito is actually the son of on of our church members :) He turned 5-- such a cute little guy! I do fry my flautas in one of those 5 qt. saucepans in about an inch of oil :) I cook Mexican to taste-- obviously not for the health benefits :)