9.24.2006

Baby Blues


I have this notebook. It's a 3-ring binder that has become home to all my "home-ideas". It's full of page protectors, and whenever I come across something I like, I just stick it in the notebook and organize it some evenings when Alex is watching a game or the news. The contents range from adds for a piece of furniture I like or post-it notes that say "make a trellis tee-pee for Olivia out of bamboo..." or fabric samples. Tonight, I pulled out the notebook to put some paint swatches in AJ's room section and just laughed. I thought that one of the simplest things about having a boy is that you can just paint the little guy's room blue. After looking at the jabillion swatches I've accumulated, the decision to paint the room blue has turned a bit to the complicated side. I don't even remember what blue I was thinking about in the first place, and I am not going to wimp out and go green or yellow just because I cannot decide on the blue! The walls must be blue! Having said all that, if these are the only baby blues I experience-- I'll be o.k.

7 comments:

Heather said...

We did finished Logan's room...did it in bold blue's and a red! I should post a picture of it...

I loved doing logan's room more than Victoria's room. ;)

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Yes Heather! I am more excited about doing a boy room too! I'd love to see a picture of it. Hope that Logan is feeling better.

Monica said...

We painted our nursery blue and yellow. Below the chair rail we painted it Ralph Lauren Denim blue. We wouldn't have picked the designer one if we could have found it elsewhere. It is a very cool blue. I hate picking paint colors. It never turns out exactly how I picture it anyway. Good luck to you!

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Thanks Monica! I havn't looked at the Ralph Lauren line-- I'll check it out :)

Tfipps said...

I do that too with the 3-ring notebook and the page protectors. Love it!!

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Oh yes-- It is fun, and you never remember the ideas you want to remember when you actually get the time or money to get them done!

Beth said...

When we moved into this house Jonas' room was already painted in a HUGE bold camoflauge print with chocolate brown, dark green, and kahki. It's really great, but he doesn't get it. He's constantly pointing out whales and elephants and other animals he sees in the design. Oh, well.