8.16.2006

Pictures

Hello! This "picture" post has been created for all our loved ones who think that we have fallen off the face of the earth and to prove to you that such a thing has not happened to us.
I was soooo proud of my big pot of beans!! We had a Spanish fellowship and I was in charge of the beans of all things. These beans stressed me out all week. First of all, I was making 8 lbs of them. It took me just about the whole day before just to sort through all those babies. Also, I just wanted to prove that I could make beans like the hermanas in Phoenix (and they made really good beans). Yeah! I didn't burn the beans!






We are PRAYING that our house is completed by the end of September. The original closing date given was end of October, but that was also factoring in hurricane season. The weather has been great this summer, so the builders are way ahead of schedule. We would really like to be settled in before the baby arrives. Not having 3 flights of stairs to climb to get to our front door will be a nice change too :)


Mommy's little helper!

Our little book worm in action!
Ready to go swimming!!

This is a funny one. Olivia is terrified of the vaccum cleaner. Whenever I bring it out, she runs screaming in the opposite direction. Well, we just had to have "Vaccums are our Friends Day" where I rolled out the vaccum and let it stand by her toys all day. We "pet" the vaccum, we turned it on and off, we even vaccumed with the vaccum-- and it never killed us!! She's still not too sure of this big contraption called a vaccum, but I think that she's warming up to it.

5 comments:

S said...

Those are great pictures. You're looking good!

Esther is scared of the vacuum also, unless I hold her while I vacuum which isn't too effective. Great idea for "friend day"! :) Little does she know how often she'll get to use one some day!

Shannon Smith said...

Hi Leah -
Loved the pictures. Your daughter is adorable.

Unknown said...

Hey Girl...I can't believe you're letting my precious Tookers grow up so much!! Tell her Auntie misses her and I want her to come visit soon. I am more than willing to pick her up at the airport, south curb if you send her:) lol, jk!! She is gowning up TOO much! The one of her sitting and reading is on my desk at work...and of course everyone keeps asking me who she is...boy does an Auntie ever get so proud to tell people:) But, when I have to add that she lives in SC I just get this lil' pouchy lip! :(

I am so glad you guys are getting to build a house...I can't wait to COME OUT and visit:) Maybe next year when I hit the lotto that I don't play:) lol

Oh, not going to school this fall...too busy with working two jobs and trying to stay sane:) But, maybe by next fall, lol:) Like I told Brandon last night, when I have all the time and money I will eventually get started on my RN!!!

Well, I should get...Miss and Love ya girl!
~Dana

carissa said...

hi Leah, Wow! 2 wks!! I'm glad you have her back :) a BLESSING i'M SURE THOUGH...for the first day :)

I am starting the Patriarch's study with dvd sessions with the ladies here at NBBC...I just finished Believing God.
You look great pregnant friend!

Tfipps said...

Sooo cute!